“PLEASE RSVP BY April 11th 2014 email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for info!
Come join United Earth Builders in Joshua Tree, CA for a 3-day project course focusing on earthbag/superadobe basics and plaster work. From foundation to finish participants will construct two 16’ long x 4’ high lounge/bench and retaining wall work alongside our well trained and field experienced earthbuilders.
Participants in this project course will be led through a series of intellectual, cognitive, and physical exercises that seek to strengthen mind-body connections to both the technical processes, as well as the creative processes underlying the art and skill of natural design and construction. From structural principles and design, soil practicum and on-site planning this 3-day course will supply the attendee with confidence in the building process and instill a renewed sense of community and teamwork through building with earth.
The first day will be classroom based curriculum and site preparation. A structure will be constructed during the following days of the course which will provide participants an in-the-field, hands on experience building a small scale project.
TASKS TO BE COVERED:
Students will participate in periods of instruction and practical exercises, including the following:
• Structural Principles
• Designing with Nature
• Soil Composition & Amendments
• Tools and Supplies
• On-Site Planning and Structure Orientation
• Craftsmanship & Quality of Work
• Focus and Time Management
• Personal Health
• Reinforcing Community
WHAT TO BRING:
• Notebook, pencil with eraser & pen
• Work gloves & boots/shoes with thick soles (we will be stepping on barbed wire)
• Water bottle / Camelback – 32oz or more recommended
• All climate dependent gear.
• Light camping gear
• Space to camp; Two camping pods for couples only, email if you require a tent (limited supply.)
• Bathroom and shower facilities (lunch and snacks will be provided)
• Full outdoor kitchen with utensils
• Kiva Fire Pit
We will close out the workshop with a fireside chat!
Attendee Cost: $333.00 per person – $300.00 per person if you bring a friend.
Please RSVP at email@example.com”
United Earth Builders