One main benefit of building with natural materials is maintaining a safe, healthy environment in your home. This eliminates the health risks of sick building syndrome caused by many modern synthetic materials. “The non-toxic soy-based glues in PureBond plywood mimics the glues that mussels use to cling to rocks (biomimicry). PureBond plywood has no added formaldehyde, eliminating the concern about off-gassing dangerous fumes during fabrication or when installed in your home.
PureBond hardwood plywood—available exclusively from Columbia Forest Products—is a unique real-wood product that delivers many special benefits, like these:
– The timeless warmth of wood with the design versatility to convey traditional, classic or contemporary looks.
– A product line that’s available in practically any real-wood veneers
– A product that will deliver decades of performance, durability and great style.
– A product that’s environmentally friendly and promotes healthy indoor air quality due to its proprietary soy-based adhesive – instead of potentially hazardous urea formaldehyde.
– Made in the US and Canada, PureBond is cost competitive, yet delivers so much more in quality.
– Available to you through most Home Depot stores or through The PureBond Fabricator Network”
4 thoughts on “PureBond Non-Toxic Plywood”
Hello! Merry Christmas! I am planning on building a Tiny House on Wheels, and would like to use plywood for the outer shell that is non-toxic. Do the Pure Bond plywood sheets come in half inch thicknesses suitable for framing houses?
Contact the company or their website.
It’s nice to see these types of products are available commercially, and at Home Depot, to boot! I imagine this product is probably a bit more expensive than its off-gassing competition, but I think the difference is worth it, in the long run.
I’d rather pay a little extra then live in a house that reeks with formaldehyde (something I’ve breathed far too much of as a carpenter).