I recently visited an incredible earthbag project in the Philippines. The earthbag houses are in Barangay Lajala, a coastal barangay near Coron that was devastated by super Typhoon Yolanda last year. About 90 percent of the houses in Barangay Lajala were completely destroyed while the other 10 percent were partly damaged. This is the largest earthbag project of its kind and so I will be posting numerous stories to document as many details as possible. They use a different earthbag method than anyone else. See below for details.
Live in the Philippines: Tacloban/Ormoc City
Reporting live from the region hit by Typhoon Yolanda last November. One year later the damage done by that super typhoon is still readily apparent.
Earthbag Construction Project in Palawan, Philippines
“Remote island in the Philippines turns to Indiegogo for help in earthbag construction project.
Low Cost Disaster Resistant Housing Package for SE Asia
“This open source Information Package is in response to the great, unmet demand for safe and affordable housing in a region prone to earthquake, tsunami and typhoons. After the recent Typhoon Haiyan EBS has decided to upload this disaster resistant low cost housing solution for SE Asia as open source information.
Emergency Shelter and Disaster Resistant Housing for the Philippines
We’re starting to get requests for disaster relief in the Philippines. This is where earthbag building really shines. I’ve researched this for years and don’t know of any building method that’s better suited to providing low cost, disaster resistant emergency shelter than earthbags. Earthbag structures can be designed to resist earthquakes, typhoons and anything else … Read more
Rey and Disa’s Workshop in the Philippines
Wabisabi Workshops Tentative workshop for APRIL 2012 being planned. Info below- Location: Panglao island Accommodation: Shared communal or camping included or private at your own cost. Within walking distance of site and sea. Price: under deliberation If resident of the Philippines please message us independently. Date : Sometime in April. Please tell us what is … Read more